Tuesday, August 25, 2009

BEN

I never understood the big deal with having boys. I was surrounding by them growing up. It never seemed like a whole lot of trouble. Boy was I wrong! Luke had me completely fooled. A little hyper but mostly easy going.
Then came Ben. This kid does it all. Climbs on the highest fort, dives under water in the bathtub, takes on an entire hive of yellowjackets and Sunday, lands on his forehead off one of Scott's desk chairs. Now, one might think no big deal. The boy got a goose egg the size of a golf ball. And course it didn't go down after an hour of (on and off) ice. It didn't go down after a three hour nap. If fact, it is now Tuesday and it still looks AWFUL. But the doctor said the bump was more to bother mom, not an actual problem (she also remembered taking the call when Ben got stung a dozen times). These are the pictures. I don't know if you can tell just how ugly his little head is, but if this boy doesn't give me gray hairs it will be a miracle.


2 comments:

Stacey said...

He is his father's son :)!

Erin J said...

That sounds much like life with Maddie- she has no fear and that is what worries me. Jumping off anything and everything, scaling walls, always on her head doing flips. It doesn't help that I showed her how to get into a sleeping bag and slide down the steps at grandma and grandpa J's house.