Thursday, November 19, 2009

Growing Boys

Don't get too excited, I don't have new pictures. I thought it was time for a quick update. Since last post we've reached a couple of milestones.
First- Ben decided the other night that he needed to sit on the Elmo potty seat. He took off his pants and climbed up on the toilet. I gave him a book to read and left to check on Luke. When I came back Ben had managed to create a little puddle on the seat in front of him. Now I know it was a totally fluke, but I felt the need to make a big deal out of it. Ben got to call his grandparents and he got a potty treat (a skittle). Now he walks around the house holding his butt and saying "poop potty". It's exciting to imagine our next potty training experience might go smoothly.

Second- No one probably thinks this is nearly as exciting as I do but Luke washed his first strainer-full of dishes! Dishes are at the top of my most hated chores list so the idea that I can almost let "the kids" do them makes me crazy excited! I know it's weird. But I couldn't stop smiling while he scrubbed his little bowls and plates.

We're slowing preparing for Christmas. I think Luke's sick of us telling him to tell Santa when he says a toy he wants. But he's really looking forward to all the baking we get to do.

No comments: